Cedar Point Role Play

  • Sliding Doors - *Author’s Note:* *Years ago there was a film called Sliding Doors that starred Gwyneth Paltrow about a woman whose life goes in different but parallel dire...

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Walking the Beat



Matt White: sees the new cop and greets him "Hello there , just got back in town after checking out some nearby towns for colleges"

Michael Reinhardt is glancing into the window of the beauty shop, then hears the voice. "Hello." he returns the greeting, offering his hand to shake. "Not Vancouver?" he asks. "Mostly I'm familiar with the city." he explains. "Michael Reinhardt." he introduces himself.

Matt White: shakes the hand proffered and nods "I was there for a bit , just long enough to check over the school ther , filled out an application , then left to check other places" ((even though I stil have to visit your town too lol , and I am running two viewers right now , lol))

Michael Reinhardt nods. "Plenty of good schools in Vancouver or the surrounding areas." he looks around them at the passing pedestrians. "I didn't catch your name." he remembers.

Matt White: slaps his forehead "Sorry , I am Matt White" looking ashamedly "I hope so , don't want to waste my time after all"

Michael Reinhardt nods and lets the mans hand go. "Mister White." he considers that. "Makes sense. When I was in college, I had a couple moments when I wasnt sure I'd made the right choices but ... I'm better about that all now."

Matt White: loks around to watch ohter residents go by "I am thinking about going into nursing , but have not fully made my mind up yet"

Michael Reinhardt nods. "Nursing is a noble calling. Like helping people?" he asks nodding t a passing couple.

Matt White: nods "That is my goal at least. How long have you been here in town?"

Michael Reinhardt considers, glancing across the street. "I started the job Monday." he admits. "I'm still commuting from Vancouver. But as long as no one's complaining, I'll keep living there." he chuckles.

Matt White: steps aside so an elderly gentleman can get by and asks "I was only briefly at Vancouver , what is it like there?"

Michael Reinhardt: m seems to consider the question. "I ... might not be the one to ask." he laughs. "Well ... theres good and bad. I lived in a decent area, but worked in the Devil's Kitchen neighborhood so ... my view might be a little skewed."

Matt White: listens as Michael describes a little about Vancouver "There are good and bad everywhere these days it seems , besides the school there ,what are some of the other 'highlights' for there?"

Michael Reinhardt folds his arms. "We'', history was never my subject and I don't work for the tourism bureau, but there some great theaters in Vancouver, if that's your thing. The Art's club Theater on Granville Island. Or Bard on the Beach." The Playhouse theater closed some years back." he pauses. "Or you want to know about museums and all that? I always liked the Maritime Museum myself."

Matt White: considers the various options there "Bard on the Beach? wonder if that is any good , I may have to go check it out some time , Musuems are nice once in awhile , but uusualy the same items gets boring"

Michael Reinhardt nods. "Depends. AlLl museums have special events for exactly that reason. What are you into? That might help me hep you more.

Matt White: is reluctant to tell anything about his dreams of wolves , so goes carefully on answering this question "I do like good stories , even if it is about local folklore , but not so much seeing museum displays all the time , I do like dancing and music though , films once in awhile"

Michael Reinhardt considers this as he scans the street. "Well the Maritime museum tells stories of a sort. And the Museum of Anthropology at UBC. When I was a kid they were always talking about the First Nations and all that. My family was all immigrants so it really didn't stick in my head, but the stories were enough I paid attention." he laughs

Matt White: becomes more interested when he hears about the First Nations bit "Is the Antrhopolgy Department still doing that? That might be interesting , I would not miind meeting any of the First Nation story tellers either"

Wolfgang.Pots walks across the street making a beeline for the hair salon .. he stop dead as he see the cop and some other guy are in a discussion

Michael Reinhardt shrugs. "It's a museum, so ... naturally they would. I dunno if they can be called storytellers .. more like staff it seems to me." he looks at the other man on the street. "Afternoon, sir." he nods.

Matt White: notices Wolf coming up , remembering him from being in the same locale as both times he encountered Alison "Hi Wolf , how goes it otoday?" then turns back to Michael "True , but they may know of some story tellers" and laughs

Wolfgang.Pots nods to the officer 'howdy, sir ' he says back with respect for a man of the law.. he turns back to Matt 'how are ya , Matt .. hows your job goin g"

Michael Reinhardt looks at Matt. "Whats the difference?" he wonders. Then back to the freakishly tall blond with the US Southern accent. He pauses. "Georgia? Alabama? Louisana, maybe? I am not the best with accents." The man can most likely see the name M Reinhardt on Michael's name tag.

Matt White: shrugs as he answers Wolf "It is a job , and pays the bills and such" and laughs "Otherwise it is going fine" then shrugs again in response to Michael's question , as some do not care to know the difference , saying nothing

Wolfgang.Pots smile "Georgia , born and raised transplanted but the seas til i made it here' he say   . turning to Matt 'atleast that spoiled apple cant come in there .. sure shooting shell get herself banned from all the business her .. maybe thats her goal ' he shrugs

Michael Reinhardt nods at the shrug with little more than a partially raised brow, before turning his attention to Wolf. "No kidding? I got it right?" he laughs. then he looks a bit more interested. "OK ... what'd I miss? Spoiled apples? Banned? I thought this town was in a coma." his first few days have been beautifully sleepy.

Matt White: laughs about it now even though it seemed more touch and go at the time , not recalling the bar rom incident he had heard about since that was after he had left "There was an incident about 10 days back at the store where I worked , someone got a little perturbed and made quite a scene"

Wolfgang.Pots laughs 'Sure shooting ' he say in response to getting his accent right. then responds to Alision  "some sea hag blows in here ever now and again and messes with the tranquility of our fair sleepy town

Wolfgang.Pots wolf nods and add 'she also torn up the bar like a drunken Hurrican Aiision "

Michael Reinhardt laughs. He just loves this guys accent. "Sounds like I missed all the fun. Frankly I think I'm glad. I had enough excitement on my old beat." he snorts. "But a woman tore up a bar..... that might have been worth seeing as a civilian."

Matt White: shrugs , glad he had not been there for that fight , the store having been bad enough , especially since he was the one that had to clean up the mess afterwards and turns to Michael "Thanks for the tips on Vancouver , I will definitely go and check those places out"

Wolfgang.Pots laugh 'where ya from , officer ..' he smiles chuckling abit

Michael Reinhardt nods. "Just stay out of Devil's Kitchen. If your lucky all you'll get is mugged." h warns. he looks at Wolf. "Vancouver born and raised ... but my parents were immigrants ... German on my fathers side and Irish on my mothers." he reaches up, his hands moving past his olive green eyes to his carrot top.=, running his fingers through it. "A stranger match was never made."

Matt White: looks at the time and realizes he needs to go get ready for work "Sorry , I lost track of the time , if I don't go now , I am liable to be late for work"

Wolfgang.Pots laugh soflty 'looks mighty fine on ya sir 'he winks his charm pouring out thick without wolf even aware of it 'i been to Hells kitchen once 'he chuckles 'though i reckon that was a different city ' he nodds 'by anyway i bet your glad fer the change . He turns to Matt 'nice talking to you again

Michael Reinhardt nods. If he had a hat, he might even tip it to the man. "Can't have that. You take care, Mister White." he bids the man a fond adieu. he turns to Wolf. "Even I've heard of Hell's Kitchen. It's in New York. Same concept, different country. Pour the poor into a place and put an invisible barrier around it, then turn the temp up and watch the occasional boil-overs." he nods. "I was SO glad I got this job. It is SUCH a change. If all your telling me is the most exciting thing I have to look forward to is a drunken woman wrecking a grocery store or bar? I'll take it!"

Matt White: waves as he dashes off to go get ready for work

Wolfgang.Pots nods 'and some kids running around . during Halloween is your biggest concern .. had bad spell once of some  vermin running around. and i dont me the four legged buck tooth kind.. but that simmer down quick like ..due to ceder points finest ' he chuckles

Michael Reinhardt nods. "I'd say think you,k but that wasn't me at the time." he chuckles. "I'm looking forward to NOT having much to do but walk around and talk to people. Do my best not to get bored."

Wolfgang.Pots smiles 'well there fishing and whale watching and just being in yer thoughts. 'this is kinda like my hometown without all the racially and homophobic tension to a point 'he chuckles

Michael Reinhardt smiles and laughs. "I haven been fishing in ... man years. This small town stuff is a real treat."

Wolfgang.Pots laughs 'aww shoott , i gotta take ya aboard my floating home .. catch ya a big Whopper ' he laugsh 'fresh fish .. great for local asian and fish  cuisine and cannery

Michael Reinhardt nods. "That sounds like a nice day off to me. Worth the drive too." he laughs. "I never got too much into Asian food. Sushi sometimes but ... I guess its the German in me ... hell or the Irish." he laughs, still scanning the street between sentences.

Wolfgang.Pots shrugs .. 'my kinfolk came over from England i think .. maybe abit of scandiavian , im not really sure .. 'he chuckles 'oh no drive neccssary .. got my houseboat dock in the harbour

Michael Reinhardt nods. "My parents never lost their accents and I never had one." he shakes his head. "It's a drive when I still live in Vancouver." he says. "But I probably need to hand=g out here when I am off duty. Not distance myself from the people, ya know?"

Wolfgang.Pots nodss "Us  Pots are a very friendly if you get my drift 'he laughs 'oh yer still in vancouver .. interesting 'he laughs 'helluva commute ' he smiles ands at Micheal last remark

Michael Reinhardt arches a brow. "I think I get your meaning." he chuckles. "So its Pots is it? Your name?" he makes a mental note. "It IS a long drive. I guess I could stay in the hotel, but ... Having a place I don't have to rush into any leases or nothin. Its only about a forty-five minute drive."

Wolfgang.Pots nods 'why ya choose sweet ole Cedar Point for ya to work at ' he say curiously

Michael Reinhardt smiles. "Because its quiet here. Small town. Boring, I hope. Where I worked it was non stop on your toes .. gangs, prostitutes, drugs, domestic violence. Every day another pile of bullshit to face, if you'll pardon the language."

Wolfgang.Pots nods 'yeah .. never took a fancy to big town myself .. even when i was station near one.. thank godnes most of my time was on aircraft carrier or submarine ' he laughs soflty 'but i like it slow and peace 'he nods .. '

Michael Reinhardt nods. "I was born and raised in the city but ... when I became a cop ... I started seeing it different." he blows out a breath. "I think I was close to burning out." he nods. "I want to learn that life, Mister Pots. I really do. Slow and peaceful and easy." he sounds wistful.

Wolfgang.Pots laughs 'Mrs and Mrs Pots are my parent .. call me Wolf .. 'he alughs

Michael Reinhardt nods and offers his hand to shake. "I'm Michael Reinhardt.": he exchanges introductions. "Good to meet you, Wolf. Interesting name."

Wolfgang.Pots laughs soft 'just my ma trying to be all culture and name me after a dead sexmaniac of a composer 'he laughs 'like fate knew something 'he laughs

Wolfgang.Pots full name Wolfgang Amadues

Michael Reinhardt laughs. "Mozart." he shakes his head. "Great German composer, so you damn well better believe I know THAT name." despite the brawn, Michael is not stupid. "He was .. pretty active, wasn't he?"

Wolfgang.Pots nods 'yeah from what i remember 'he laughs ' he shrugs laughing

Michael Reinhardt grins. "Hey ... the man was obviously inspired. If I could play like him, I'd take on a few freulines myself."

Wolfgang.Pots nods 'likewise . can hum but my sing sound like some cats trying to mate ' he laughs softly . he shrugs 'but i make up that with abiiity to fix anything .. mechanicall or electronic 'he laughs



Oshi Shikigami: Good afternoon gentlmen. A pleasent day isn't it? Oshi has a genuine smile and seems happy to see both.

Michael Reinhardt smiles at Wolf. "Yea. I got into the right line of work, myself. I can make my car start long enough to get it to you." he tuns and sees the little lady with white hair. "Good afternoon ma'am." he nods to her, politely. I'm Officer Michael Reinhardt. New to the cedar Point Police Department."

Oshi Shikigami: Oficer, I do not beleive I have met you yet? She querries. I am Oshi Shikigmai, and I live just over there at the Poseidon apartments, As she waves behind her.

Oshi Shikigami: Oh, with my cousin a teen excnage student from Japan, although you might not gess so, as her hair is blond. ANd she smiles a tad with that.

Wolfgang.Pots laughs and comes up to Oshi and attempt to give her a bear hug ' he nods at micheal smilin g'Shoot Girl great to se ya again "

Michael Reinhardt smiles at her. The voice is young. The hair is old. Maybe its a dye job he tells himself without saying anything aloud. "Miss Shikigami." he nods in her direction again. "A pleasure to meet you." he looks at the building. "Is it nice there? I'm still looking or a place. Maybe I should just keep living in Vancouver." he watches the hug, amused. If he is six foot four, Wolf has to be pushing seven feet and Oshi looked no more than five and a couple inches.

Oshi Shikigami: Woldgang! Uh nice to see you again too! Oshi seems a little taken at the informality, but soon recovers, as she reasures herslef she is in Cananda, Not Japan, and it is the way they do things 'here'...

Oshi Shikigami: And oficer, yes, very nice. They even let me put in a darkroom and art studio in my place. and the view is beautiful of the bay, if you get the lat one avaialble that faces that way.

Wolfgang.Pots laughs and let oshi go steping back onto the sidewalk 'he smiles nice to see y again how you been '

Michael Reinhardt considers. "Sounds a bit dear on a policemans salary, Miss Shikigami." he sounds a bit hesitant. "I might need something a tad bit cheaper, if I'm going to avoid selling my parents house."

Oshi Shikigami: Well Tatsu is busy painting again, but at least for now, it is not the cemitary. She is painting the cannery. Not sure why, but it's a change at least LOL

Oshi Shikigami: Well I am a starving artist, and I can aford it, do check it out, I would feel so safe with a policmean as a neighbor! She smiles politly and bows slightly.

Wolfgang.Pots smiles and listens to them chat noding .. 'thats why i live on a houseboat now.. sold my cabin to some hippie and now i just pay docking fees ' he shrugs

Michael Reinhardt looks at her and nods, slowly. "I'll look into it. I don' need too much space. I'm not married. No kids that I know of." he looks at the building again. "I'll check it out."

Michael Reinhardt: ""Like ICould ever afford a houseboad." he laughs

Oshi Shikigami: Do either of you gents know of any place in town that does dojo for kendo instruction? I am trying to get Tatsu interested, but I think she would do beter with some professional training...

Oshi Shikigami: Oh a houseboat would be fun if it doesnt storm too much. But no basement! she says in mock horror! and smiles :-)

Wolfgang.Pots shrug 'saved up a small nest egg when i was in the service'he shrugs 'dont know if any dojo. 'he say soflty 'especially for kendo maybe try vancouver

Michael Reinhardt blinks and considers all hes seen in town. "I don't think so ma'am." he says slowly. "Have you looked in Vancouver?" he wonders and then chuckles. "At least I don' get seasick." he concedes. "I get a little alimony from my ex. That supplements my income a bit."

Wolfgang.Pots nodds and listens

Oshi Shikigami: Oshi blinks in suprise at the officer's statment about alimony. Feeling it would be aquard to treat it as a joke if it was for real, she just nods her eye widiening a bit uncontrolably. Do you have a good view of the water or shore where your house is birthed? It might make interesting photos or paintings, a slight suggestion of a question in her voice.

Wolfgang.Pots laugh softy .. i dock in whatever harbor i get myself into for the night  but yeah .. get spectacular views

Michael Reinhardt listens to their convo, watching he building. It COULD be nice to live there. He decides to ask around the station.

Oshi Shikigami: That must be nice then, Oshi smiles, deciding she is not going to be presumptuous and ask.

Oshi Shikigami: Turning to Oficer Michael, she says I guess you got here after the big tado down at the Black Hole a few days ago. But maybe that's why you are here now? To be sure and get the rest of us to be a bit more (air quotes) "Polite" to each other? She smiles, hoping not to have opened a can of worms

Oshi Shikigami: Oh my, look at the time Oshi says looking on her phone. I need to get some things for dinner at the asian market, and get cooking!

Oshi Shikigami: Wolfgang and Meichael, it is a please to chat with you. Glad I met you.

Michael Reinhardt chuckles. "I DID miss that." he admits. But I am used to a LOT worse where I USED to work." he chuckles at her. "I was VERY good at making people be ..." he mimics her air quotes. "Polite, but no, I was still interviewing when it happened. I started Monday." he opens his mouth to say more when a phone in his pocket gives a rig. "Thought I turned that damn thing off." he pulls it out and looks at it and answers it .. in German. If they don't speak it they may hear the name Sara and ja which everyone knows means yea and a German good bye and he cuts the connection. "There it's off." he announces and slides the phone back in his pocket. "Ah you cook?" he looks like he can certainly eat at least.

Oshi Shikigami: Well maybe I am about due for an open house anyways, and I can have my freinds and neighbors over for a little party?

Wolfgang.Pots waves at oshi 'take care 'he smiles then watches micheal talk abit then just continues to watch abit more

Michael Reinhardt waves. "A pleasure, ma'am."

Oshi Shikigami: Greatthen Oshi smiles wide, and then stuffs her phone in her pocket, gives a little bow to both and heds to Chen's...

Oshi Shikigami: Oshi waves goodby and smiles again.

Wolfgang.Pots bows back out custom maybe showing where one port of call was for him ' he smile s'trouble in paradise ' he meantion look at were micheal stash his phone

Michael Reinhardt watches her go. "Thas a nice lady." he says casually. Then shrugs. "Not really. My ex wife, wanting the address to the cop shop so she can deliver my alimony tomorrow." he looks at him. "I've been divorced two years now. We were married three." he pulls his phone out again and turns it on, thumbing a bit and showing him a picture of a drop dead gorgeous blond .. a model type.

Wolfgang.Pots jaw dropse.. 'for fuck sake .. 'he looks at him abit odd 'you were with her..

Wolfgang.Pots he looks abit confused

Michael Reinhardt takes his phone back. "Thanks man. I think." he says dryly turning it off again and putting it back in his pocket.

Wolfgang.Pots chuckles soft 'sorry .. ' he just exhale ' she is damn hot.. 'he eay soflty .. he looks away not wanting to pry but at the same time curious 'damn.. shame '..'he say soft

Michael Reinhardt laughs with good humor. "Yes she is hot." he shrugs. "Never marry drop dead gorgeous. Marry cute, pretty, adorable ... anything but top of the line in the looks department." he sighs. "When she wasn't walking a runway, she was on her back with her legs wide open. And not for me most of the time."

Wolfgang.Pots winces 'damn.. sorry to hear that .. 'he say softly 'i never was the marrying kind myself 'he says with a shrug

Michael Reinhardt nods. "I learned my lesson. I divorced her .. and she put in the deal alimony ..." he shakes his head. "I figure that means she was screwing somebody she thinks I might shoot if I found out." he snort softly. "I took it. Who wouldn't."

Wolfgang.Pots nods 'yeah .. i do the same if i didnt like to marry and divorce . 'he shrugs ..

Michael Reinhardt nods. "Well, if you see her feel free to take her behind some building and have at it. She's easy enough." he offers. "And not my damn problem anymore."

Wolfgang.Pots shrugs 'not much for a sloppy seconds .. with people i know or have to work with .. like to keep my life drama free as possible

Michael Reinhardt snorts a laugh. "Yea, well ... i think I got sloppy seconds more than once .. KNOW I did." he shakes his head. "But thats a good policy, for sure."

Wolfgang.Pots nods ' you might hear a lil rumor of the locale attracion or ride .. or wild life ' he points at himself ' tourist attraction only . i dont mess with locales cuz it makes it weird 'he say soflty ' he chuckles

Wolfgang.Pots well done that once .. but it was cool cuz no greif .. just ok thats done .. 'he shugs

Michael Reinhardt nods and laughs. "So the ladies can whale watch then Wolf ride?" he laughs. "Sounds like the good life." he nods. "Makes sense. But I don't know anyone here so ... no worries whos bed I'm going to wake up in. Mine. As usual."

Wolfgang.Pots winks 'not just ladies but thats the gist . its usual just a sea dog name Skipper in mine ... my lab.. 'he laughs

Michael Reinhardt arches his brow. man gets around. "Alright then." he chuckles.

Wolfgang.Pots he show pic on his phone of a cute labroador puppy and wolf on his boat

Michael Reinhardt takes a look at the pic and laughs. "Cute. Maybe I need a dog. I dont know. Once I get settled." he nods to the building catty corner. "Those okay or should I look for something further from work but closer than where I am."

Wolfgang.Pots nods 'yeah .. those look okay .. have a bud that rents his out to tourist .. but yeah .. its good '
[2016/03/31 15:52]  Michael Reinhardt nods. "I'll look at a few places." he decides. "I can stay where I am for now no problem. I can still get to work ontime."

Wolfgang.Pots nodds 'yeah .. thats all that matter really "

Michael Reinhardt: ''Got that right." he looks at his watch. "I'd better make another round."

Wolfgang.Pots laugh 'i better keep my appointmetn' he points at the salon  'nice meeting you '

Michael Reinhardt nods. "And you Wolf. Take care." and he heads off around the corner towards the B&B.

No comments:

Post a Comment