Cedar Point Role Play

  • Sliding Doors - *Author’s Note:* *Years ago there was a film called Sliding Doors that starred Gwyneth Paltrow about a woman whose life goes in different but parallel dire...

Monday, February 29, 2016

India - Wellness Check



Ryan Yamada approaches the front desk and gives the clerk a warm smile, after her look of worry at the uniform "Hi there. I'm wondering if I could get in touch with one of your patrons. She's not in trouble." He chuckles as the clerk exhales "India Tor?" The clerk nods and then dials Miss Tor's room.
Ryan Yamada is holding a take out coffee but not drinking from it.

India Tor sighs softly and taps her fingers on the desk. Blank slate. Figgers. When the phone rings, she looks at it with raised brows. She isn't expecting any packages today. Picking it up the clerk tells her that she has a visitor. Although her face has a frown of suspicion on it, she says. "Send them up." if i was ... well it couldn't be HIM.

Ryan Yamada nods after the clerk tells him the room number "Thank you." He glances briefly at the elevator and then takes the stairs, running up them without even being winded by it as running is his passion.
Ryan Yamada arrives at room 302, clears his throat and then knocks softly.

India Tor hangs up the phone and approaches the small stretch of corridor where the only door is. She hears the throat clearing and the knock. Cursing the lack of a peep hole, she goes to the door and touches it lightly. "Who is it?" she asks in her dusky voice.

Ryan Yamada can't help but smile a bit "Uh Officer Ryan Yamada."

India Tor 's eyebrows raise a bit more, but she opens the door for him, stepping back to allow him entrance. "Hello officer." she says with a slight smile. "It's good to see you again. Please. Come in." her mind racing what his could be about. Her nightmare? Worst fear? She hopes not, but ....

Ryan Yamada looks apologetic and holds out the takeout coffee "I hope I'm not intruding Miss...Ms...Tor." He looks unsure of the right title but then goes on "And I'm not sure if you drink coffee...." he digs in his pockets and pulls out two creamers and a pile of sugar packets "Or what you might take in it..."

India Tor looks t him, still wondering what's up. But she smiles ... the professionalism never left her and shes glad of it now ... and reaches for the coffee. "Thanks! I hadn't ordered any for myself this morning." she moves to the desk with the creamers and sugars and sets the coffee down, adding both creamers and abut half the sugars to it. As she does, she decides to cut to the chase .. sort of. "Is something wrong?" There. She asked, taking the cup and turning to face him.

Ryan Yamada holds up a hand, used to this reaction now "No nothings wrong." He gestures at the uniform "I know I alarm people just by looking at them. Occupational hazard, sorry. When we met the other night you said you'd been here for 7 months and were having trouble leaving your room. This is probably none of my business so feel free to throw me out, but if you need help with anything, I know lots of good people here who can be there for you."

India Tor blinks and blows on the coffee to cool it before covering with a sip. "No ... it wasn't that." he assures him. "I was used to cops..." she shakes her head and shrugs. A small part of her DOES want to throw him out, but she ALSO knows that, if she is ever truly going to heal, she has to talk to SOMEONE. "I imagine you don't get a lot of recluses here." she sighs. "It's not .... trouble ... it's ... " she thinks of why she has been in her room for all this time and drinks a bit more of the coffee. "Keeping trouble away from me." she finishes, thinking she didn't make so much sense.

Ryan Yamada stays a respectful distance back, in an obvious show of not wanting to make India feel threatened in any way. He nods, cluing in a little but not knowing the details "Fair enough. We can help with that too...if you need it. I don't want to take up too much of your time." He glances at her tech "You look like you're trying to work. I watched some of your songs on YouTube. They're fantastic so I'd hate to stand in the way of more." He takes a card from his top pocket "But if you do need anything.....this has my extension." He steps forward just slightly and leaves the card on the tall wardrobe.

India Tor glances back at her tablet. "I think my working days might REALLY be over." she sighs and moves forward, placing her coffee on top of the wardrobe and taking his card. "Thanks for the compliment, but ... that voice isn't my voice anymore. y own damn fault, too." she tells the card and then looks at the officer. "If you really want to know...." she sighs deeply. "Cause I'm no Adele or Whitney Houston or anyone, so the news would never have hit Canada, I'm sure." she pauses and hesitates. Does she want him to know? He could keep an eye on things. After all, he is a cop.

Ryan Yamada looks truly sympathetic "I'm sorry, I didn't. I'll confess I'd never heard your music until after Saturday." He looks like he's about to say something more and then doesn't, shifting his weight from foot to foot.

India Tor laughs softly. "Don't feel bad. I'm more along the lines of Musiq or Monifa. But I am glad to know you liked my music." she pauses and sighs. "The short version of my story is named Dion White." she tells him. "He used to be one of the models in my videos ... and then more .. and then my manager." she licks her lips and continues. "Now he's in Folsum Prison ..." she tightens her jaw, but lets it trail off there. There is more .. a lot more ... but she stops for now.

Ryan Yamada looks concerned and takes it all in, repeating the name to commit it to memory "Dion White? He's IN prison and you're having trouble leaving this room...." Ryan looks her in the eyes earnestly.

India Tor sighs and takes the coffee, drinking deeply of it again. "Dion won't be in prison forever, Officer." she tells him. "And before and during the trial, he kept promising me that he'd take a lot more than just my hearing when he gets out." she sighs again and runs the business card up and down he coffee cup. "I left and came here the day his trial ended. Jul first. I went to the airport and picked a flight at random. When I landed in Vancouver, I get in a cab and told the driver to take me to the safest, most peaceful place he could think of on a tank of gas." she motioned around the room. "And here I am." she shrugs and laughs a little at herself. "I've been really irrational, I know. I've read it is like that sometimes with victims of domestic violence. One woman left town and relocated when her abuser DIED." she blows out another breath. "Crazy, I know."

Ryan Yamada's whole demeanor, facial expression and body posture softens "Not crazy at all." He shakes his head "Crazy is what he did, and threatened. This is a pretty safe town for the most part."

India Tor chuckles. "Safe and peaceful." she turns and looks out the window. "I've wanted to leave but never felt safe enough. Then I realized I was going to go crazy. So I left the room. Next the building." she moves the curtain aside. "I miss running." she says so softly it may be missed.

Ryan Yamada looks around "You can't live like this. I don't want to push you but there's a whole world out there...here." He smiles a bit "I run every day. Got the perfect circuit if you ever want to get back out there sometime. It'll help with the anxiety too."

India Tor sighs and follows his eyes, trying to see it from his perspective." she drains the coffee in the cup, then turns, returns to the desk, throws the cup into it and sets his card on the surface of the desk. "I think I could run with you." she says to the wall, and then turns around. "You're probably right, Officer."

Ryan Yamada smiles "I'm patient. Whenever you're ready, not before. This is big stuff you're carrying. You don't have to do it alone though."

India Tor moves towards him again. "Give me till .... Thursday. Yea ..... Thursday. I'll even meet you in the lobby, okay?" she offers.

Ryan Yamada thinks about it and then nods "Thursday. I go at 6....are you up for that?"

India Tor nods. "I get up at 5, so I will be ready, sure." she smiles ... genuinely ... "I used to run in High School. Until my father decided singing was the way to go for me." she sighs a bit and looks at him. "Thanks, Officer."

Ryan Yamada laughs "I learned to run from my sister." he's about to say something else when his radio beeps. He holds up a finger and clicks it "Calling all units we have code R on the North side of the Cannery." Ryan winces "Shit...spring....I gotta go..." He clicks the radio.

India Tor nods as he announces he has to go. "Yea. I know that noise." she tells him. It's part of the mystery. Maybe she will tell them on one of there runs. "Thanks for stopping by." she moves past him, opening the door for him."

Ryan Yamada walks out "Take care India." he says less formally.

India Tor watches him head out. "Be safe." she tells him

2 comments: