Cedar Point Role Play

  • Sliding Doors - *Author’s Note:* *Years ago there was a film called Sliding Doors that starred Gwyneth Paltrow about a woman whose life goes in different but parallel dire...

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Eien - Gaijin Gaman shiro in Canada 0001



Eien Fumetsu walks back into Room 1 in the Lavender Inn from the washroom, after having checked to make sure the corridor was clear of any guests.  Inside, he changes clothes and sits on his bed.  Pulling his laptop close to him, he boots it up and pulls up his video program.  Prepared on the inside, he begins;

“Konbanwa!  It is Eien and this is  Gaijin. Gaman shiro.”  he sighs deeply and looks around.  “I am in Canada now, everyone.  Thank you for all of the emails wishing me a safe trip.  Arigatou!  As you can see, I am in a very nice and clean room on the island of Cedar Point.  I arrived last night and was checked in by a very nice woman named Bronwyn.”

He pauses and chuckles.  “Yes, she did a double take when I spoke.  Doesn't everyone?  And I spoke to her in English, like I always do for you.”  he shrugs.  “But it may have been my business card or my manner that she found weird.  I did not ask her.”

Taking his laptop off of his lap, he turns it three hundred and sixty degrees.  “This is the room that I am renting for myself until I can find a more permanent residence.  It is a very nice room.  Very pretty.”  he places the laptop back on his lap and can be seen again facing the camera.  “I slept for about fourteen hours, the woke, dressed and took a walk around Cedar Point.  There are cars here, but I do not know why.  It is a very small island, similar to Nishiki Market in Kyoto, except I saw many bicycles. I could walk around with ease.  There are any places here, including a market called Chen's Market.  I did not go in, but will soon to see if they have Asian ingredients for my cooking.  Surely the sushi restaurant has them, but for my personal meals, of course, I would buy from there, if possible.”  he pauses a moment to collect his thoughts.  “There is a Chinese restaurant around the corner from the sushi restaurant I wil work at, and clothing store, book store and a bank.  This place is not called bank .. it is called Credit nion, but they seem to be very similar, although I did not open an account yet.  I nowknow where the police station is and the City Hall.  There is a pizza restaurant as well, near a place called The Black Hole.  I think it is a club.”  he grins a bit and places his hand on his blue sweater.  “I will find out … I will go and see tonight and meet some people I hope.  Then more sleep and I will probably either make a new J-vlog or make my adventures there a new one.  So now I will say Oyasumi nasai and Sayonara for now.  This has been Eien and this is  Gaijin. Gaman shiro.”  he reaches forward to turn off the recording and then sighs.  He moves to get his shoes from just inside of his room door and slips into them, tying them securely.  Then he places his tatemae in place and leaves his room to walk to the Black Hole.


No comments:

Post a Comment