Cedar Point Role Play

  • Sliding Doors - *Author’s Note:* *Years ago there was a film called Sliding Doors that starred Gwyneth Paltrow about a woman whose life goes in different but parallel dire...

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Eien - 3 part time jobs and other things.



In the frame, he sits back.  “Hey friends.  It is Eien and this is  Gaijin. Gaman shiro.  Coming o you from the Lavender Dreams in Cedar Point.”  he places a hand on his head where his notorious locs are hidden under a gray cloth.  “I finally got some cloth to wrap my locs for work.  And working I AM.  As of today, I have three part time jobs ... so I am working about sixty hours a week.  Not what I am used to, but I guess its more than they do here in Canada.”

“But I have a few minutes, so I am going to update you on the time since I last spoke with you.  I made a Japanese friend.  So a shout-out to Jun.”  he bows in his comfortable arm chair.  “I also got myself a scooter.  Vancouver is only an hour or so from here.  Next I will get my drivers license moved over.  But at least I can get around better.”

“The next thing on my agenda is an apartment!  They take very good care of their rooms at the Lavender Dreams, but …. I don't know how to explain it.  I need a place to call home.  When I was in Vancouver, I even found a chest of drawers I can use as a getabako.  So at least I am starting at the front door of my new place, right?”  he laughs lightly.

“People here are very nice, but … there was a child in the sushi restaurant who was talking about the .. most inappropriate things!  I don't know. I don't have any kids, so maybe I am just being baka.  But the woman with her was Japanese and she paid almost double her bill.  I know if we had been in Japan she would have been apologizing with her yen.”  he scoffs and shakes his head.

“Well, I can't talk to you all day.  I got another job to go to.  Sayonara!”  and he leans forward to stop recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment